Christmas is fast approaching and there are families here in our own community that cannot afford some of the things we can often take for granted.
Each year, Diamond Valley Foodshare provides essential food items and support to needy local families. Demand for their help is always significant.
You can help by donating any of the suggested items listed below.
Items can be dropped off at Kate’s office at 37 BurgundySt, Heidelberg any time before 5.00pm, Thursday 19th December.
- Tinned tuna, salmon, sardines and ham;
• Pasta sauces and pasta;
• UHT (long life) milk;
• Breakfast cereals;
• Muesli bars, breakfast bars;
• Tinned and ready to eat meals e.g. spaghetti,
• Baked beans, soup, curries, pastas (non-perishable)
• Biscuits, teabags, instant coffee, Milo;
• Tinned fruit and vegetables;
• Rice, instant noodles;
• Baby food;
• Small jars of vegemite, honey, peanut butter, Nutella & jam;
• Christmas puddings, biscuits and tarts
• Custard powder;
• Chocolates and confectionery
- Toothpaste & toothbrushes;
• Toilet paper;
• Shampoo and conditioner;
• Nappies (newborn and toddler sizes)
- Financial donations to Diamond Valley Foodshare over $2 are tax deductible.
Any kind donation, however large or small, will make an enormous difference to a local family that also deserves a happy Christmas.