The Stronger Communities Programme provides grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 for community groups or organisations for capital projects and equipment that improve participation and contribute to the vibrancy and vitality our local community.
Who can apply?
An incorporated entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN) that is:
- A community not-for-profit organisation (not owned by a state or territory government);
- A local governing body;
- Trustees on behalf of a property trust with responsibility for a community asset;
Examples of projects that may be funded:
- Construction and fit-out of men’s sheds;
- Fit-out of community centres, health centres including kitchen upgrades and equipment
- purchases such as computers, TVs and furniture and fittings;
- Sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, seating, new turf, fit-out of change rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks;
- Streetscapes and bike paths;
- Purchase of equipment for local SES;
- Acquisition of equipment such as ICT hardware and associated software.