The Women in STEM and Entrepreneurship program supports investment in gender equity initiatives that aim for lasting systemic change by eliminating barriers for women’s participation in STEM education and careers, and entrepreneurship.
The program objectives are to:
- increase awareness and participation of girls and women in STEM education and careers
- increase awareness and participation of girls and women in other parts of the innovation ecosystem including innovative businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurial activities and careers
- stimulate an increase in the number of women in senior leadership and decision making positions in government, research organisations, industry and businesses.
You must complete your project by 30 April 2022.
To deliver on the aims of the WISE program, this round will only support projects in these specific focus areas:
- Information technology (IT)
More details found in section 2.1 of the Grant opportunity guidelines.
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an entity, incorporated in Australia
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) or publicly funded research agency (PFRA) as defined in section 14
- a government or non-government vocational education and training (VET) provider as defined in section 14, or technical and further education (TAFE) institution
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply. For further information on joint applications, refer to section 7.2 of the Grant opportunity guidelines.
You can only submit one application as the lead applicant per application round.
We can only accept applications:
- where you can provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/WISE
business.gov.au provides information and advice to businesses via a range of channels including phone, email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.