Coronavirus Information – Important numbers and information links
If you are concerned about any symptoms you may have you should call:
- Your local GP
- The Commonwealth Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 020 080 (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- The Victorian Government Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Austin Health Coronavirus hotline on 03 9496 6606 (8am – 8pm, seven days a week)
- Please keep 000 for emergencies only
It is critically important that anyone concerned about any symptoms they have do not attend their GP, local health service or hospital without calling in advance.
You must call in advance.
Updated information and advice on the Coronavirus is available at:
- Updated advice about public gatherings and visits to vulnerable groups here
- Health Information in languages other than English available here
- Coronavirus resources and FAQs available here
- Mental health support services available here
- A guide for helping manage mental health at home here
- National Disability Insurance Scheme here
- Aged Care – Guidelines for workers in residential aged care available here
- Aged Care – Information for families and residents regarding visitation, available here.
Services Australia (Centrelink & Medicare):
If you’re financially affected by Coronavirus, information is available here
New information apps available from the Federal Government:
Coronavirus Australia is a new application which allows residents to navigate the latest advice and information about Coronavirus.
The Federal Government also has new WhatsApp feature which is now available.
Home Affairs and the Australian border:
From 9pm AEDT 20 March 2020 only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia.
All travellers to Australia are required to self-isolate for 14 days, either at home or in a hotel.
Further information is available here.
Economic Response to the Coronavirus:
For further information regarding the Government response to Coronavirus and factsheets for individuals and businesses see below link to the Treasury website here.
The Government has announced a $130 billion JobKeeper payment to help keep more Australians in jobs and support businesses affected by the significant economic impact caused by the Coronavirus. Eligible workers will receive a fortnightly payment of $1,500 (before tax) through their employer. Information is available here
Note: businesses must apply for this payment on behalf of their employees.
Your employer will notify you if they intend to claim the fortnightly payment of $1,500 on your behalf.
Businesses can register their interest for the JobKeeper payment via the ATO here.