Kate Thwaites MP, Federal Member for Jagajaga, speaking in Parliament's House of Representatives in Canberra.
Community

Community Survey

I recently conducted a community survey in Jagajaga to find out what people in my community were concerned about. Two of the biggest areas of

Read More »
Kate Thwaites MP, Federal Member for Jagajaga, speaking in Parliament's House of Representatives in Canberra.
Community

Child Support

This bill, the Social Services Legislation Amendment (Child Support Measures) Bill 2023, has the potential to make a really significant difference in the lives of

Read More »
Community

Access to GPs

Many people in my community are rightly concerned about access to health care, particularly when it comes to being able to see a GP at

Read More »
Community

Local journalism

I’m here today to speak about the importance of local journalism and local news. I have a great appreciation for the work that journalists do—and

Read More »
Community

Gender equality

One of the privileges of this job is receiving letters from people in our community letting us know what they care about and what’s important

Read More »
Community

Health and Aged Care

In May the government asked Australians to give us the opportunity to deliver a better future for all of them, and Australians were clear, when

Read More »
Community

Jagajaga Resilience Awards

The annual Jagajaga Resilience Awards give me an opportunity to recognise students in our community who’ve set an example through their capacity to adapt and

Read More »
Scroll to Top